Now that you have logged in, it is important to secure your account to ensure that you, and only you, will have access to your funds after you deposit them onto the platform. To do this:
1. Navigate to the ‘Account’ tab at the top of the screen. This will open multiple options. Scroll down to find ‘Security’ in the right-hand column2. Next, enable 2FA by clicking the ‘Enable’ button.
3. The following screen will be presented. If you have the Google Authenticator app already downloaded, use this to scan the QR code. If not, download the Authenticator app on your phone and then use it to scan the QR code.
4. Once you scan the QR code, Digitex Futures will be saved in your Authenticator app. This will display a 6-digit number which changes every 30 seconds. Once this is done, click ‘Next Step’.
5. The next screen will present a 32-digit passphrase and prompt you to write this down on a sheet of paper. We cannot stress how important it is to keep this passphrase safe to ensure you can access your Google Authenticator account should you lose or break your phone. Once this is written somewhere safe that you will not lose, click ‘Next Step’.
6. Enable 2FA on your account by typing the numbers seen on your phone screen into the boxes visible on the Digitex Futures website. It will automatically finish when filled in.
If the timer resets on the Authenticator while you are typing, you will need to re-enter the numbers to match. Two-factor authentication ensures nobody can access your account without having this security password that your phone is now generating.
Your security screen should now show that 2FA is enabled and you will be prompted to type in the security password from your Google Authenticator every time you login to the Digitex Futures exchange.